It was awesome  to see everyone again, as well as meet tons of new faces. All the talks I attended were great. Everyone had new ideas they'd love to see, and a lot of that rubbed off on me.
A few notes for those braving Istanbul:
* But water. Lots of it. All the time.
* Crossing roads means taking your life in your hands. Best avoided by not crossing. Ever.
* There doesn't seem to be any closing times for ... anything. This can prove dangerous if you're there for more than a day.
* The Turkish Coffee is a must. As is Apple Tea. As is a Nargila. Even if you don't smoke, it's great to sit around and smoke one. At least try it.
And a few requests for GUADEC organisers for next time:
* If you're organising a heavy night (see Boat Party), please don't organise keynotes for 10am. Try 11am instead.
* If you're organising a heavy night at a club (see Google Closing Party), ensure the beer is decent , and the DJ understands to play quiet, background music 
One final request. Can we move GUADEC to the middle of winter and hold it in Finland / Sweden / Norway? Did I mention I like cold?
I might post more later. But not now.
 Apparently the word of the year. I blame Firefox and it's awesomebar
 Or at least beer
 Or at least at a level slightly below "standing next to an atomic explosion".