Another Pointless Blog - More GUADEC goodness
[Recent Entries][Archive][Friends][User Info]
More GUADEC goodness|
* Last night's party was awesome. We had the second annual meeting of SMASHED  and we enjoyed some fine, fine uisge-beatha .
* I didn't find out who won the ice-cream DeathMatch yet. We did find a winner for the whisky, which I can't remember the name of now.
* My voice is starting to go.
* I'm sure everyone is talking about the fancy release team plan. I know I've spoken to various people and everyone seems to think it's a great idea. I'm one of them.
* All the keynotes have been amazing. In particular Matt Webb's talk yesterday was brilliant and I'm glad I managed to drag myself out of bed for it.
* There's a problem with GUADEC. I turn up, talk to lots of cool people, come up with crazy cool ideas to implement and then find I have no time to do them. I should really blog them and see if someone will do them. Or find someone to pay me to do them.
 For those that don't know: the Single Malt Appreciation Society for Hackers, Engineers and Developers 
 Gaelic for whisky.
 We changed the acronym slightly 
 Embedding footnotes should be disallowed or something 
 Actually, they're pretty awesome 
 There is no footnote 6.
|Date:||July 11th, 2008 09:22 am (UTC)|| |
Icecream Deathmatch Winner of 2008: Henri Bergius
Nothing to read here, go ahead, dude.
|Date:||July 11th, 2008 09:56 am (UTC)|| |
Ardberg was the winner...
|Date:||July 11th, 2008 10:09 pm (UTC)|| |
Re: SMASHED winner
Not a bit of it. The Glengoyne 12yo cask strength I brought along got the nod.